CCELD 2011 Final Report
Summary of CCELD 2011 Outcomes
- 21 Caribbean countries had participants
- 10 countries hosted study tours and Barbados hosted the Closing program with HRH The Princess Royal and representatives of sponsors present.
- Canada hosted the Opening program in Gatineau PQ, where the 40 Canadians met the 80 Caribbean participants.
- 10 Canadian cities hosted study tours
- 150 alumni and volunteers were involved in the planning and implementation of CCELD 2011.
- The budget totaled $1.4 million of which CIDA and IDRC contributed a combined $700K
- Over 80% of the budget was spent on the program including travel, accommodations, meals, speakers and facilities.
- A professional organization provided logistical and administrative support.
CCELD 2011 Barbados Closing